This CU shows several sampling techniques and the statistical tools used in the descriptive analysis of collected data that should be used, accordingly to study goals and the type of variables involved.
Students will also learn to establish and test hypotheses about the characteristics of a population based on the study of a sample.
After these classes the student should be able to:
• Know the methods of different sampling techniques.
• Understand the results of a survey.
• Identify which graph, table or statistical measure is most appropriated to each type of data sets, and know how to calculate them through SPSS.
• Understand the different types of charts, tables and statistical indicators.
• Identify the most appropriate statistical hypothesis test for each situation and do it in SPSS, interpreting their results.
• Estimate some population parameters.