ESCS, in partnership with SP Televisão, presents a new post-graduation course in Storytelling.
Aiming to give continuity to its educational project, ESCS partners with the television production company SP Televisão and the portuguese TV channel SIC, to create, together, a post-graduation course, in Storytelling.
The aim of this initiative reflects one of the School’s strategic axis – the approach to the corporate market – and the public policies related to the creative sector, combining, in a single formative offer, the theoretical/conceptual and practical/experimental dimensions.
Director of the Course
Prof. Ana Varela
(for 2020-2021’s academic year)
The course’s structure is composed by 12 (twelve) compulsory curricular units.
Context and Objectives
The post-graduation course in Storytelling, which results of a partnership between ESCS and SP Televisão, fills an empty space in terms of formation in audiovisual narrative, allowing professionals’ specialization in television, movies and new platforms’ contents.
In a market where art and the technique of telling and portraying stories have a more and more relevant part, it is essential to dominate communication concepts and strategies, which allow value generation in the national audiovisual communication market and at a global level.
Is this post-graduation, the multidisciplinary approach to storytelling processes and techniques offers students the opportunity to study several structuring lines of the audiovisual narrative. That will prepare them for a content market which is more and more exigent and professionally competitive.
• Developing skills for creating a linear and a non-linear narrative for different platforms.
• Identifying, understanding and producing written material for different genres and formats.
• Acquiring skills for critically analyzing a project, in its diverse elements and narrative strategies.
• Developing advanced knowledges in writing, research, analysis and oral presentation of audiovisual projects.
• Communication professionals who wish to specialize in narrative and audiovisual contents’ area.
• Media professionals who want to deepen their knowledge in a central area of interest for their companies.
• Communication, movies and television students who wish to enrichen their knowledges and skills concerning fiction writing professional area.
Those who post-graduate in Storytelling will be prepared to correspond to a countless number of professional activities, being ready to work in the creative area bur also in the executive one, with a main focus on the functions of screenwriter, content analyst or programmer.
Internship at SP Televisão
In the end of this course, the best three students will have the chance of doing an internship at the Writing Department of SP Televisão.
The course is divided in 2 (two) periods, lasting 20 (twenty) weeks. Each period lasts 10 (ten) weeks.
Classes will take place in 3 (three) weekdays (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday), from 6.30pm to 11pm.
José Pinto Carneiro
Manuel Mora Marques
Maria de São José
Ricardo Real Nogueira
Rita Taborda Duarte
Transition for Master’s course
Having in mind continuing studies to obtain a Master’s academic degree, the ECTS collected in this post-graduation course can be credited, according to current legislation.