Admissions and registration
Students, who wish to attend Escola Superior de Comunicação Social, in the next academic years, should:
– Fill in the application form, available in the International Offices of their own home institutions. Their home institution will contact with the host institution in order to decide about the number of students and define exchange programme procedures.
– After the approval from the home institution, the student will be advised on the availability of grant support and may make travel arrangements.
– As soon as they arrive at Escola Superior de Comunicação Social, they should contact the International Office in order to enrol.
Exchange students, under LLP/Erasmus programmes pay their fees at their home institutions. Hence they are not charged fees in the host institution.
On arrival at Escola Superior de Comunicação Social, international students should present themselves at the International Office and also contact the International Coordinator in the Department to which they have applied for.
Documents required for registration at ESCS
– I.D. Card or Passport
– International Health Card
– 2 photographs (Passport size)
– Academic transcript of records from the students’ home university
– Learning agreement
Language requirements and portuguese language courses
All classes are taught in Portuguese, and students are expected to be able to follow them. Assessments (examination questions and examination scripts, etc.) can be conducted in another language, depending on prior agreement between the student and the lecturer concerned.
Note: Any foreign student, who is interested in attending a Portuguese language course during his study period, is requested to mention it on the application form.
Academic Year 2018-2019
|WINTER SEMESTER (1st Semester)||24th September to 27th February|
|Classes (14 weeks)||24th September to 11th January|
|Intercalary Week (clarification classes)||14th to 18th January|
|Exams – Normal Season (1st Semester)||21st January to 2nd February|
|Exams – Recourse Season (1st Semester)||13th to 27th February|
|SUMMER SEMESTER (2nd Semester)||4th March to 27th July|
|Classes (14 weeks)||4th March to 14th June|
|Intercalary Week (clarification classes)||17th to 21th June|
|Exams – Normal Season (2nd Semester)||24th June to 6th July|
|Exams – Recourse Season (2nd Semester)||15th to 27th July|
|Exams – Special Season
(Finalists and Students-Workers)
|2nd to 13th September|
|Christmas Holidays||24th December to 4th January|
|Easter Holidays||15th to 21nd April|